DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES
University Disability Resources
Accessible Meetings and Events
Featured DAS Event
Date: Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:00am to 11:00am
We have quickly grown accustomed to remote meetings, but are they—maybe unintentionally—excluding participants with disabilities? A panel of experts from Harvard's Digital Accessibility Services (DAS) team will discuss best practices, tips, and answer questions. The event will be held on Zoom and will be live-captioned.
Registration Required: Zoom meeting information will be emailed to you once you register.
Guidance and Resources from DAS
Hosting Accessible Remote Meetings and Events
When meetings and events are held remotely, digital accessibility is important to ensure that all attendees, including people with disabilities, are able to participate and engage with content at the same time, with the same ease of use. With a little pre-planning, event hosts can structure an inclusive and functional environment for all participants.
Harvard-Licensed Tools to Check Accessibility
- Breaks down accessibility issues into prioritized, manageable tasks
- Runs automated Accessibility and Quality Assurance checks
- Tracks and reports progress towards accessibility compliance
- Provides guidance and practical recommendations
- Designed for use with complex, transactional websites and applications
- Allows for multiple, customizable ways to test content and intelligent reporting
- Provides recommendations on issues and further evaluation including compliant and non-compliant code examples
Digital Accessibility Services Office Hours
Got accessibility questions? Not sure where to start? We're here to help!
The Digital Accessibility Services (DAS) team is available to answer your questions and provide guidance and support to the Harvard community.
We will be holding open office hours in a Zoom meeting room on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month from 10am-12pm.