National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is held each October to celebrate the many and varied contributions of people with disabilities to America’s workplaces and economy.
Here are some ways you can take part:
- Wednesday, October 13, 3:00 PM: Join University Disability Resources (UDR) for a Disability Etiquette training for HUIT staff. Outlook invitation forthcoming
- Friday, October 15, 6:30 PM: Hear Mia Mingus speak about disability justice at the Phillips Brooks House Association’s 15th Annual Robert Coles "Call of Service" Lecture & Award
- Thursday, October 21, 2:00 PM: Explore accessibility and accommodations at the University with UDR’s Michelle Hermans at October's Ability+ meeting (Zoom)
- Thursday, October 21, 6:00 PM: Film screening: Initiation– In Love Solidarity (audio description will be available)
- Friday, October 22, 1:00 PM: Disability Perspectives: A Film Series
- Friday, October 29, 10:00-11:00 AM: Teresa Nguyen on Disability & Employment