Key concepts for accessible documents
- Accessibility Check: Use available Accessibility Tools to run an accessibility check of the document as you work.
- Document Metadata: Add metadata information, such as Title, Author, Language.
- Alt Text: Ensure meaningful images have alternative text and decorative images are marked as “decorative,” if possible.
- Headings: Use concise headings to delineate sections of your document. Tag and order them like an outline.
- Color: Choose colors that provide adequate contrast and don’t rely on color alone to convey meaning.
Need an accessible doc fast? Submit to Harvard's preferred remediation vendor, AbleDocs. Visit harvard.abledocs.com to submit a document today.
We encourage requesting a quote when you submit your document to ensure the price is within your expectations. If you have pricing questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com to discuss.
Note: The vendor will not make modifcations to the colors within the document. As such, we recommend verifying that the document has high color contrast and is not using color alone to convey meaning.
- Simple Documents - Starts at $4.85/page with $25 minimum charge per document
- Complex Documents - Starts at $50/hour with $50 minimum charge per document