Learn how to conduct a complete assessment of your website’s accessibility using both automated and manual testing tools. The course will include a deep dive into Siteimprove, the Harvard-licensed accessibility testing platform, where we’ll demystify the many features and functionality that allow users to filter, sort, and remediate issues. We’ll also look at manual testing approaches, with interactive demonstrations of various methods and techniques.
This course will cover:
- Digital Accessibility Overview - understanding Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Automated Testing - getting started with Siteimprove (including an overview of the new version NextGen), measuring accessibility and quality assurance (QA), and filtering and sorting issues
- Manual Testing - keyboard access, content check, and screen reader testing
- Reporting and Remediating Issues
- Tools and Resources
The course includes a number of activities for which your computer will be required. Please install or bookmark the following applications to follow along with the training:
- If you would like to follow along with the training demos, please request access to Siteimprove through ServiceNow a week before class for the website you work on. NOTE: It takes about 5-7 days after your account is created for data to start populating in your Siteimprove dashboard.
- Download Siteimprove’s Accessibility Checker for Google Chrome
- Download the WAVE extension for Chrome or Firefox
- Windows users: Download NVDA Screen Reader
- Mac users: VoiceOver Screen Reader is built into your device
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations or who have questions about physical access may contact email@example.com in advance of the training. Closed captioning is available upon request.